Marquardt District 15 is governed by a locally elected, seven-member Board of Education. Members serve without compensation and are elected to four-year terms in April of odd-numbered years.
Agendas for Board of Education meetings are available the Friday prior to the meeting. Agendas may be viewed by clicking on Enter Public Site and the date of the meeting. Minutes from previous meetings may be found under Minutes, and Board of Education policies are listed under Policies.
Citizens are invited to attend Board of Education meetings and to express their views on subjects related to the operation of the school system during the Reports Sessions, Outside Reports portion of every meeting. Public schools have historically been guided and maintained through local control. In keeping with this tradition, the School Board actively seeks the advice and counsel of citizens.
One of the most important responsibilities of the Board of Education is to hire and evaluate the superintendent of schools. The Board of Education also sets educational goals and policies for the school based upon state laws and community values.
Other responsibilities include:
- Authorizing the employment of staff members and setting their salaries.
- Determining educational standards and goals and monitoring District performance.
- Securing money for school operational needs and building programs.
- Adopting and monitoring a budget sufficient to carry out the District's goals.
- The Board of Education members are honored to serve the families of District 15.