marquardt school district 15
The Department of Health Services at Marquardt School District 15 provides smooth and efficient operation of the school health services in order to assist the children in developing a basic understanding of healthful living and health needs. The goal of the Department of Health Services is to prepare children physically, emotionally and socially to utilize their school experiences for maximum individual growth.
When to keep your child at home:
- When he/she has had a fever of 100° or more within the last 24 hours.
- When he/she has thrown up or had diarrhea within the last 24 hours.
- When he/she has a rash that has not been seen by a doctor.
- When he/she has pinkeye that has not been treated for 24 hours.
- Dental Forms for kindergarten, second and sixth graders are due May 15, 2017.
- If your child received a hearing or vision referral please submit the appropriate form completed by the appropriate health professional as soon as possible. If you need assistance please contact the school health office.
- All students entering kindergarten or an Illinois public school for the first time must submit a vision exam prior to October 15th of that school year.
- All Middle School students going out for a sport must have a current physical (done within 1 year) on file in the health office prior to the first practice for that sport.
- Beginning with school year 2015-16 any child entering the 6th grade shall show proof of having received one dose of meningococcal conjugate vaccine on or after the 10th birthday. Children who do not meet the age requirement will be monitored in accordance with Section 665.270. These requirements also apply to children who transfer into Illinois schools from other states, regardless of the age or grade level at which the child transfers.
Policies, Forms & Resources (A to Z)
- Annual Allergy History Form
- Asthma Action Plan
- Asthma Inhaler Permission Form
- Dental Exam Form
- District 15 Resource Guide
- DuPage County Health Department
- Elementary Individual Health Care Plan
- Food Allergy Emergency Action Plan
- Hands free CPR
- Health Requirements
- Kid Care
- Lunchroom Table Preference Form
- Medication Administration Policy and Procedures
- Medication Permission Form
- MMS Individual Health Care Plan
- Modified Menu Form
- Physical Exam Pg 1
- Physical Exam Pg 2
- State of Illinois Eye Examination Report
- Students with Life-threatening Food Allergies
- Vision and Hearing Screening
- Wellness Policy
Tip of the Month:
School is getting ready to resume again so it is time to start getting children back into their healthy habits. Students need:
- at least eight hours of sleep a night
- a healthy breakfast
- plenty of water
- an hour of exercise per day
- wash your hands before and after eating and after using the bathroom
Marquardt School District 15
Certified school nurses are registered nurses in the State of Illinois who minimally have a bachelor's degree and educational certification from the State. The certified school nurse in District 15 is a registered nurse in the State of Illinois, Masters prepared, and nationally certified. Certified Nurse Assistants must meet training and examination requirements set by the state. Health aides are trained in first aid, CPR and the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED). Certified Nurse Assistants and Health Aides work under the direction of the certified school nurse.
Lisa Pickering RN, BSN
Christine Knight, RN, BSN
630-858-3850 x 6108
(630) 893-5750 ext. 2104
Certified Nurse Assistant
Sarah Clark, CNA
(630) 469-7720 ext. 3340
(630) 351-3416 ext. 5281
Certified Nurse Assistant
carol bolivar, CNA
(630) 469-0612 ext. 4118