The mission of Marquardt School District 15 is to implement an educational program which provides students with the skills and knowledge necessary to become productive members of society and life long learners.
LEGAL REF.: 23 Ill.Admin.Code §1.210 b)2)A) Adopted: January 26, 1999
One of the most important responsibilities of the Board of Education is to hire and evaluate the superintendent of schools. The Board of Education also sets educational goals and policies for the school based upon state laws and community values.
Other responsibilities include:
- Authorizing the employment of staff members and setting their salaries.
- Determining educational standards and goals and monitoring District performance.
- Securing money for school operational needs and building programs.
- Adopting and monitoring a budget sufficient to carry out the District's goals.
- The Board of Education members are honored to serve the families of District 15.
Agendas for Board of Education meetings are available at least 48 hours prior to the meeting. They may be viewed by clicking on Enter Public Site and the date of the meeting. Minutes from previous meetings may be found under Minutes, and Board of Education policies are listed under Policies.
Citizens are invited to attend Board of Education meetings and to express their views on subjects related to the operation of the school system during the Reports Sessions, Outside Reports portion of every meeting. Public schools have historically been guided and maintained through local control. In keeping with this tradition, the School Board actively seeks the advice and counsel of citizens.