International Overdose Awareness Day (IOAD) is a global campaign that works toward preventing overdose, reducing the stigma associated with it, and acknowledging grief for those who have lost a loved one to this epidemic. Every day, more than 130 people in the United States die after overdosing on opioids. In DuPage County alone, deaths from illegal opioids increased 13 percent — from 72 to 81 — from 2017 to 2018.
- Tour “Hidden in Plain Sight” trailer to see places teens hide drugs
- Learn what the community is doing to fight this epidemic
- Save a life, get trained on administering Naloxone (Narcan)
- Bring a picture of your loved one lost to addiction to display at the memorial table
- Meet resources that provide addiction related support, services and awareness
- Raise awareness by purchasing a purple porch LED bulb from Bloomingdale or Addison Ace Hardware
- For more information go to ltmfoundation.org