Marquardt School District 15 is joining more than 360 school superintendents across Illinois, representing more than 1 million students, calling for the Illinois General Assembly to:
- Immediately pass a state budget
- Fix the state education funding formula in order to adequately & equitably fund education
- Pay school districts millions of dollars in unpaid bills this year.
As our state lawmakers return to Springfield following their spring break, school districts statewide are sharing their frustration with the state budget situation with a call to #PassIllinoisBudget. We are calling on the Illinois General Assembly and Gov. Bruce Rauner to do the following:
- Immediately and with bipartisan support end the state budget impasse
- Fix the education funding formula and invest in students and schools, including higher education, throughout the state
- Pay school districts what they are owed this year
Please join the effort and:
- Contact your state lawmaker. Find your legislators here
- Ask your legislator to address the three points mentioned above.
- Use social media to share your budget concerns with the hashtag #PassIllinoisBudget.